Sunday, April 2, 2017

Your Mythic Yoga Journey™ - Stories of Faith, Healing and Transformation

Sydney Solis Mythic Yoga Journey Japan
Sydney Solis among the plum blossoms at
Osaka Castle Park, Osaka, Japan
I have noticed that many of the myths and folktales I tell are about faith, healing and transformation. They are about a journey that a character is on, and questions the suffering inflicted upon her. 

The Sufi story of Fatima the Spinner and the Tent tells the story of a young woman who three times is frustrated by life, but in the end she sees that everything brings her to the happiness she has found.

In the Chinese story I call Maybe, Maybe Not, a farmer is distraught over problems that arise, such a his son breaking his leg. But because the son broke his leg, an invading army does not impress him into their army and he is spared.

A story in the Song of Solomon, a King is given a ring with the inscription This Too Shall Pass, to aid him in his suffering over material conditions that are either good or bad in his life.

In the end, all of these stories are stories I have collected for my storytelling performances of Mythic Yoga called Stories of Faith Healing and Transformation. They are about material conditions, whether good or bad, and how they are transient.  This has been the story of my life, and I call it Mythic Yoga. They are healing stories and yoga. We use myths, stories and symbols to guide us in uniting us with our true self. It is our Mythic Yoga Journey™ to continue on the path, despite all that appears as obstacles.


For you cannot judge what happens to you. All is as it should be, or it's how things hang together. The good or the bad is just a value judgment. Things just ARE. It is only our lens of mind that brings judgment and suffering. We try to cast out demons, but demons, as Mythologist Joseph Campbell says, are just doing their part in duality. We need story, and somebody has to play each part!

Mythic Yoga Journey
Cherry blossoms, Sakura, at the Himuro Jinja Shrine,
Nara, Japan Cherry blossoms symbolize the
fleeting of life. Cherish each moment! 

My life has been that way. So many traumas - childhood trauma in my childhood home of Boulder, Colorado, the trauma of my husband's suicide, a hasty second marriage three years after that ended in divorce and losing all my money, dealing with foreclosure, intense stress, losing my youngest sister to suicide, being abandoned on a Caribbean island, traveling, being brutalized by police in Florida. 


But all along I had an inner guide - yoga and meditation, and of course stories and dreams. It was my Mythic Yoga Journey, that entailed me leaving Boulder in 2010 and living in Argentina, St. Croix in the US. Virgin Islands and arriving back on the mainland in Florida. 


It has brought me incredible faith, healing and transformation. And now after all that, I find myself in the incredible moment of my life with all I could possibly ever imagine. At 50, I am married to my soul mate. We are perfect match for each other in every way. And remarkably, as life has it, I find myself moving to Japan!


I hope you follow your bliss. It takes risk. I did, and I'm happy to be your guide. Since 2003 I have been writing and conducting Mythic Yoga and Storytime Yoga® workshops online and more. I had my two children to raise on my own, and I really valued the home arts and motherhood as they needed me and the business world is way too stressful to do both well. I sacrificed with bliss for them, and now, as fate has it, I am back on my Mythic Yoga Journey™ to Japan.


For the calm abiding to see clearly is with me from meditation and yoga. I have listened to my story in the body, reclaimed my intuitive, sensing and feeling self by occupying the body and feeling safe in the moment. I have peeled away the curtains of the theatre of my mind, and gained enormous joy and peace in the process. And all my dreams have come true.


That's the goal of yoga - the sage, unaffected by loss or gain. I'm not perfect, but everything is practice. I know more lay ahead. But I am ever rooted in the transcendent as I participate in duality. 


You, too, can take a personal Mythic Yoga Journey™. Read my ebook, Mythic Yoga: Ancient Hindu Myth and Personal Story, which I first performed at the Winter Festival of Stories at the Boulder Public Library in 2005. Nobody could understand Mythic Yoga back then. They looked at me and said, "Mythic?" I know now, all has a purpose! All is as it should be!!


Join me! Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for my Mythic Yoga Journey™ to Japan videos of haiku poetry and more. Follow me on Instagram for my photography and haiku and tankas and more! Follow my blog on my new website, an umbrella for Mythic Yoga and Storytime Yoga, my poetry and art, SydneySolis.com.


We found an amazing apartment in Osaka, and once I get settled I will return to teaching. It's a journey! Join me! Have faith! Healing and transformation await!


OM SHANTI


Osaka, Japan




No comments:

Post a Comment